The ScanPro® 2000 was designed from the bottom up to be energy efficient, engineering that earned it the Energy Star logo for environmentally friendly design.
- Our "Cool Green" illumination system is hundreds of times more efficient than white lamps used in other equipment and doesn't generate harmful heat that could damage film.
- The ScanPro's "Cool Green" illumination system doesn't contain materials found in CCFL illumination systems that have been identified by the EPA as a danger to health and harmful to the environment.
- Its electronic components were selected for low power consumption and a special surface mount design was incorporated to minimize power usage.
- When components are not required to be operational, they turn off automatically to save even more energy, features not available with any other microfilm equipment.
- The ScanPro's power management feature lets users select the low-power sleep mode that best meets their application requirements.
the Energy Star:
- Run more efficiently
- Use less electricity
- Lower utility bills
- Save you money
- Are safer for the environment
What is Energy Star?
Energy Star is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy, which helps Americans save money and protect the environment through energy-efficient products and practices.
According to the EPA, if all imaging equipment sold in the U.S. met Energy Star requirements, we would prevent greenhouse gases equivalent to the emissions of about 4 million vehicles.
The ScanPro 2000 has been recognized by Energy Star as the only microfilm scanning equipment that meets the EPA’s new, demanding requirements for designs using the least amount of energy and helping protect the environment.