The ScanPro® scanners were designed from the bottom up to be energy efficient, engineering that earned it the ENERGY STAR logo for environmentally friendly design.
- Our "Cool Green" illumination system is hundreds of times more efficient than white lamps used in other equipment and doesn't generate harmful heat that could damage film.
- The ScanPro's optical "Cool Green" illumination system doesn't contain materials found in CCFL illumination systems that have been identified by the EPA as a danger to health and harmful to the environment.
- Our electronic components were selected for low power consumption and a special surface mount design was incorporated to minimize power usage.
- When components are not required to be operational, they turn off automatically to save even more energy, features not available with any other microfilm equipment.
the ENERGY STAR:
- Run more efficiently
- Use less electricity
- Lower utility bills
- Save you money
- Are safer for the environment
What is ENERGY STAR?
ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy, which helps Americans save money and protect the environment through energy-efficient products and practices.
According to the EPA, if all imaging equipment sold in the U.S. met ENERGY STAR requirements, we would prevent greenhouse gases equivalent to the emissions of about 4 million vehicles.
Our ScanPro's scanners has been recognized by ENERGY STAR and are the only microform scanning equipment that meets the EPA’s new, demanding requirements for designs using the least amount of energy and helping protect the environment.
Learn more about the ENERGY STAR program and how you can be part of the important effort to save energy and protect our environment www.energystar.gov