ScanPro® Product Warranty
All ScanPro products have a proven track record of performance and reliability backed by factory-trained technicians. To confirm our commitment to supplying the most reliable microfilm scanning equipment on the market, we offer a best-in-industry 3-year factory warranty on all of our products and offer other extended warranties and out-of-warranty options. In addition, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service – updating and training our customers as new features and software updates become available. With ScanPro, we have you covered!
Standard Product Warranty: A 3-year factory warranty commencing at the time of your hardware purchase.
Extended Product Warranty: Two options are available allowing you to maintain a warranty beyond the Standard 3-year factory warranty. Both options are tied to a continuous ScanPro Advantage (SPA) membership.
- Continuous Product Warranty: The product warranty will remain in effect beyond the Standard 3-year factory warranty if you maintain a SPA membership. This warranty remains in effect for as long as the SPA membership for your specific hardware (identified by serial number) has not been allowed to expire.
- Reinstated Product Warranty: If you are beyond the Standard 3-year factory warranty, and your SPA membership has been expired, this warranty can be immediately reinstated at any time by purchasing a discounted multi-year (2, 3, 4 or 5-year) SPA membership. Furthermore, the term of this warranty is for the term of your multi-year SPA membership. (The Reinstated Warranty excludes any pre-existing conditions of the product.)
Out-of-Warranty Support Services: The first line of support for any issue is always free email and phone technical support. If it is determined that a remote support session is needed, the cost for Out-of-Warranty remote sessions start at $150/hour (30 minute minimum) for each session. If the malfunction requires factory service, you will be required to pay for parts, labor ($150/hour), and all shipping related charges. Any factory repairs done by e-ImageData Corp. are covered for 1-year.
ScanPro Advantage Membership: A hardware-specific (identified by serial number) software license that provides numerous additional features such as WORD-Search™, Copy to Clipboard, INFO-Link™, OCR PDF Multi-page, AUTO-Scan® Pro, and more.
Extent of Coverage
Covered Hardware: ScanPro models 700, 800, 1100, 2000, 2200, 2200+, 3000, i9300, 2500, 3500 and i9500 microfilm scanners as well as accessories for the listed microfilm scanner models sold by e-ImageData Corp.
e-ImageData Corp.’s Responsibility: To repair or replace (at the discretion of e-ImageData) the covered hardware free of charge (except for shipping charges). To provide free technical support and training via email, phone and remote connection.
Customer Responsibility: To obtain repair service under this warranty you must:
- Contact e-ImageData to obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number.
- Correctly package the covered hardware in e-ImageData’s original WARNING: It is extremely important that covered hardware be returned in e-ImageData’s original packaging. Failure to do so will result in shipping damage for which you will be charged. If you do not have the original packaging, e-ImageData Corp. will provide this free of charge (except for shipping charges).
- Write the RMA number on the outside of the return
- Ship the covered hardware to e-ImageData with shipping charges prepaid.
- Pay the shipping charges for returning the repaired or replaced covered hardware to
Exclusions: This warranty does not cover any hardware subject to misuse. This warranty does not cover shipping damage. e-ImageData Corp. does not assume responsibility for consequential damages of any nature and shall not be liable for damages resulting from malfunctions or interruptions in the operation or function of its products.
THE WARRANTIES CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY REGARDING MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, RELATING TO THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCTS. THE MANUFACTURER WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE (UNLESS CAUSED SOLELY BY THE MANUFACTURER’S NEGLIGENCE) LOSS OF PROFIT OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCTS.