ScanPro® Microfilm Scanner Software
e-ImageData's ScanPro PowerScan software is an intuitive Windows® based computer application with familiar icons and text labels to maximize the customer experience. Known for its ease of use and powerful features, the PowerScan software was precisely designed to require little hands-on help and is customizable for each application and microform. Our standard PowerScan software is included with every ScanPro purchase and offers everyday features used by libraries and researchers alike. For advanced software capabilities such as automatic, high-speed scanning, our All-In-One™ models offer a ScanPro Advantage software membership for demanding applications and digitization projects.
With PowerScan software, upgrades are always available and free as long as you own a ScanPro. And, every purchase comes with a 6-month free ScanPro Advantage membership trial.
For recommended computer specifications when purchasing a new computer for your ScanPro, click here.
Whether you are a new customer or returning customer, you can find the latest PowerScan software and license key for your ScanPro model right here!
Things to know before you begin....
- Operating systems for ScanPro microfilm scanners:
Versions, 32 and 64 bit: Win 7 to Win 10
Your ScanPro is compatible with Windows 10! It doesn't require a dedicated PC. Please ensure you have the latest software installed.
- You do not need to uninstall your current PowerScan software before you install a new update.
- You may need to update your camera firmware as this update is not automatic. Please click here and follow the instructions to ensure that your camera firmware is up-to-date.
- To ensure a smooth download and installation process, please reference the “Helpful Tips” provided below.
- After installation, get your license key here:
Download and install your software...
PLEASE NOTE: The latest software version is x.346e. If your serial number starts with 25-, 35-, 95-, please use the CD provided in your shipment.
- Select your ScanPro model from the dropdown menu provided below, then click the “Download” button and “Save” the download to your computer:
- Exit all programs before installing the software.
- Locate the .zip folder that you downloaded. Unzip the folder.
- Double-click the “setup.exe” file to begin the installation.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Helpful tips for installing your PowerScan software
While we can't guarantee that you won't have any issues with installation, following these six steps will give you the best chance at a successful, error-free installation.
- Ensure that you are logged into the computer as the Local Administrator.
- Disable User Account control before installing software or connecting the scanner.
- Disable the Anti-Virus program for installation. After installation, add the PowerScan xxxx folders (C:\ProgramData\PowerScan xxxx and C:\Program Files (x86)\PowerScan xxxx [64-bit] or C:\Progam Files\PowerScan xxxx [32 bit]) to the exceptions list of your Anti-Virus program.
- Ensure that you are using the most current USB 3.0 Drivers (where applicable) as provided by Intel (or your chipset manufacturer).
- Ensure that your computer has all of the Windows Updates installed.
- Install the software before connecting the scanner to the PC.
Recommended FireWire Replacement Card
The following FireWire Card (PC to ScanPro interface card) is highly recommended for use with our firewire ScanPro microfilm scanners:
Sign up to receive software update notifications
Complete the form provided to receive an email when new software updates are available for download.
*All form fields are required